The litecoin summit brings together the world’s top innovators, thought leaders and decision makers, as well as members of the Litecoin community for two days in Las Vegas.
What is Litecoin Summit 2022?
Organized by the Litecoin Foundation, the Litecoin Summit 2022 is an upcoming cryptocurrency event. The event aims to attract the world’s top innovators, thought leaders, decision-makers, and members of the global Litecoin community. This is the third edition of Litecoin Summit, scheduled to be held from October 21st to October 22nd in Las Vegas.
The Litecoin summit at Las Vegas is expected to be a two-day extravaganza, presenting amazing networking opportunities, exciting discussions regarding industry developments, public policy issues, technical innovations, and more. Blockleaders is the main media partner for LTC Summit 2022 with sponsors such as LTCLabs, CryptoTaxAudit, Ballet, Cake Wallet, LOKOTech, GetHedge, StormX, Liteverse, CoinVigilante, and others.
The summit wich will take place at the LINQ Hotel in Las Vegas will be an opportunity to :
- discuss on industry developments, technical innovations, public policy issues, and more.
Litecoin, the Bitcoin’s little brother
The Litecoin cryptocurrency (LTC) is a fork of Bitcoin. It is a decentralized payment system, which was started on October 7, 2011 by Charlie Lee, a former Google and Coinbase employee. Litecoin is often referred to as Bitcoin’s little brother for many reasons.
Litecoin has its own blockchain and sports the slogan “Silver to Bitcoin’s gold”: if Bitcoin is considered digital gold, Litecoin on the other hand tries to fulfill the role of digital silver (metal).
Like Bitcoin, Litecoin is primarily intended to be a digital currency that can be exchanged peer-to-peer, untrusted and securely, very quickly and at minimal cost. Charlie Lee himself describes it as complementary to Bitcoin.
The modifications that were made to the Bitcoin blockchain to give rise to Litecoin’s blockchain required only minor efforts in terms of computer development, with most of the innovation coming from Bitcoin. Nevertheless, Litecoin’s strength lies in the fact that these changes are few but significant:
- A ”proof of work” that uses the Scrypt hash function rather than SHA-256 for Bitcoin
- Four times faster block creation with an average interval of 2.5 minutes instead of 10 minutes
- Four times the total number of units with 84 million instead of 21 million
- The difficulty of mining changes every two and a half days instead of two weeks
- On the other hand, as for Bitcoin, the issuance of new litecoins is divided by two every 4 years (halving): since August 2019, miners receive 12.5 litecoins as a reward for each validated block.
Two days of amazing networking opportunities
This comming 3rd annual Litecoin Summit brings together the world’s top innovators, thought leaders and decision makers, as well as members of the Litecoin community for two days of amazing networking opportunities and exciting discussions around industry developments.
- Charlie Lee, Creator of Litecoin, Director at Litecoin Foundation
- David Burkett, MWEB Developer at Litecoin Foundation
- Clemens Ley, Founder & CEO, BitcoinComputer
- Rep. Jason Powell, Tennessee State House of Representatives – District 53
- Steven McClurg, CIO and Co-Founder, Valkyrie
- CryptoWendy, O Founder/Host – The O Show
- Andrew Yang, Senior Manager of Client Services, Casa
- David Schwartz, CEO, GetHedge; Director of Strategic Partnerships at Litecoin Foundation
- Simon Yu, Co-Founder & CEO, StormX
Litecoin Summit 2022 Las Vegas tickets are available at affordable prices with more savings possible if one pays with Litecoin or Bitcoin. A simple general admission pass includes access to workshops, exhibitor areas, beverages and coffee, the after party, and all speaking sessions. The ticket prices for Litecoin Summit 2022 are as follows.
- Paying with crypto – $225
- Paying with USD – $249
Ticket prices will increase from September 1st, 2022.